I got my Sanguino yesterday night, so it was time to finally delve in and make one of these awesomeness things! PLUS, I get to do a nice blog post about it.
I’m happy that I got super shipping… I don’t think I would have received it in time otherwise!
It even comes with bubble wrap! ^_^
Let’s get started
The board is really shiny, but it is more of an orangey-red than a red-red. However, it is really catchy. Too bad in the end it is covered by all the components though!
See, look how giant the chip is! Sweet!
It’s time to solder. This is the cleanest the soldering iron has been in a few weeks
The SANGUINO silkscreen is easily covered by the DIP…
These capacitors remind me of balloons hehe
It doesn’t have a chip on its shoulder… yet (get it? the 648P isn’t in yet hahaha)
This part was sooo confusing. The instructions said… “Insert the LED on the flat side of the board” or something like that. Flat side? I never knew that there was a non-flat side… BAHA!
If the red LED is not entered correctly, nothing will work…
The proper way to insert the LEDs is… negative, positive and negative, positive. It clearly didn’t say that on my silkscreen >_> At least I only got one of them wrong
Sooo, after cleaning that LED up… it works! YAY!
The software was aggravating to get working, but I did manage to get it to work in the end. I’ll post up my version of the Arduino 12 IDE for Sanguino tomorrow, or something.
The number of outputs and inputs is so astonishing! It even has two TX/RX ports. I’ll probably finish off MANOI and Snowplow robot tomorrow, and think of a way to use the Sanguino in MANOI!
It would be cool to have an IR sensor right now for MANOI, so I could mount it on its stick, but instead I may try two LDRs with LEDs. I have the supplies for that, so I can easily implement a Bayes Filter algorithm to determine if the ball is there or not.
The Bayes Filter algorithm is a form of AI. I’ve been working on a tutorial about the BFA for uCHobby.com for a very long time. (TeX takes a long time to type).